It's designed as a retro styled box. On a box the LCD screen
could/should be on top. This would allow the user to hold the box at
waist level. The popup flash should be replaced with a popup viewer
like the old voigtlanders and lubitels
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voigtlander_Brillant

It would solve lots of problems. My knees would love it, macroshots
are much easier, holding the cam above my head would be very easy and
working on a tripod would be big pleasure.

Toine