On 2/14/2012 2:07 PM, Collin Brendemuehl wrote:
While almost everything that I'm shooting looks great with just the 18-55
there are some small items which would look much better with a macro lens.
Small bearings come out just "ok" but we want a little bit of improvement.
I'm thinking of bringing in my FA28-80 macro just to see how well it performs.
Another option is the A50/2.8 macro.
But what are some other options that you think I should consider?

I'd go with the A 50 f2.8. You don't specify which of the 28-80 lenses you have and none of them were particularly macro. Most only focus close enough to give a 1:4 magnification. The 50 is designed to be at it's best at close focusing distances, the zooms are most likely not..

Sincerely,

Collin Brendemuehl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"
-- Jim Elliott

--
Don't lose heart!  They might want to cut it out, and they'll want to avoid a
lengthily search.