From: Toine

This shot from the London Eye screamed photoshop and tilt shift

http://www.repiuk.nl/index.php/blog-mainmenu-97/214-london-miniature

Toine

Do I understand correctly this is an effect made in Photoshop? If so, I wonder if it's possible to do the same with the out of focus blur taking effect more gradually?

The transition is so abrupt and the out of focus part is so harsh to my eyes it's almost painful to look at.

Also, some elements (trees, bridge stays) are partly in focus and partly out of focus when they should be either one or the other. The top of the trees are out of focus when they are the same distance from the viewer as the bottoms of the trees that are in focus.