Road cones are still a very common sight in our city.  One of the ways people
commemorated the anniversary today of last year's earthquake was to place
bunches of flowers in the cones.  I thought it was a simple and beautiful
gesture.  These pics are of a few cones from our neighbourhood.

http://www.multi.net.nz/feb-22-anniversary/

I couldn't go very far because of my dodgy leg.  What I thought was a muscle
injury turned out to be a stress fracture so I'm not allowed to walk too much.

All shot with K10D and A*85mm f/1.4.

The last pic is how I commemorated... by making fresh pasta for dinner in
Canterbury colours :)  I enjoy making pasta and it's so much better when made
fresh.  Just a small part of trying to enjoy life by making the most of the
little things, which is one lesson I learned a year ago.

Cheers,
Dave