On Feb 22, 2012, at 11:52 , kwal...@peoplepc.com wrote:

>>> Personally, I'm more into the oval format.
>>
>> Isn't that why Ford was almost laughed out of Detroit?
>
> If your referring to various editions of previous Tauruses, I wouldn't say
> Ford was almost laughed out of Detroit - while they were controversial they
> sold well.

I think it was the media's reporting of Ford's "new look" that poked the
critics pens. I had no objection to the "look" other than the reduced
visibility through the rear quarter panels. I know the government and local
municipalities bought a lot of them. It was the only kind for King County, who
kept them way too long. Any vehicle used by a variety of people for short trips
every day, including weekends, can be maintained, but appearance wise they get
pretty ragtag, inside and out. The Police used the big cars, the rest of us had
to use the Taurus and the smaller whatsit version. Cleaned up and repainted,
the Interceptors were selling from between $3000 (Patrol cars) $5000
(detectives and CID) up to $7000 for those assigned to the brass with low
mileage and no bondo.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

"Gaudeamus igitur, juvenes dum sumus..."
http://tinyurl.com/ndmfhb