On Feb 23, 2012, at 2:27 PM, John Sessoms wrote:

> From: Larry Colen
>
>> On Feb 23, 2012, at 10:58 AM, John Sessoms wrote:
>
>>> "ZA Y ART" would be the best, were it framed a little better.
>> Do tell?  How would I improve the framing?
>>

> Based on memory, since the link now produces a "No photos here..." message,
> and it "Couldn't find a user matching username 'ellarsee'" - I think much of
> the black space above and to the right is superfluous.

Yeah, flickr did one of it's "La, la, la, I'm not talking to anybody" tricks.
It's the second time in the past day or two it did this for a while.

> White space, or in this case black space, can be an important element, but it
> should bring the eye to the other elements. Here it doesn't.
>
> So, get rid of everything that doesn't draw your eye into the main element of
> the image.

OK, I just cropped it in tighter.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/6776560358/in/photostream/lightbox/

> BTW, looking at the images in larger size, which I managed to figure out how
> to do after posting the previous, I think you may have found one hippie there
> - that older guy sitting by himself on the bench, playing guitar; almost
> hidden behind the rice rocket.

Either that, or he's just a bum.  I think that a large portion of the US would
consider most of the residents of Santa Cruz county hippies.  Even our
rednecks could pass for hippies in a lot of the country.