High quality resin means plastic, which means scratches. You get what you pay for. The ND filters I have are made of glass - no scratches, but they also cost alot more than $7.00. If you're real careful in how you handle these, scratch concerns are minimized.

Mine are rectangular and are used with a Cokin square filter holder so I don't need a new filter for each different filter size lens - just adapters sized to the filter holder & the individual lens. Mine also are graduated neutral density (half clear & half of a neutral density) that gives me the ability to shift the demarcation line to suit the scene ie. clear for that area that I don't want to effect the exposure & half with the neutral density for that area of the scene that I want to change exposure.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "David J Brooks" <pentko...@gmail.com>
Subject: third party filters

I have bought a few items from Link-Delight in Hong Kong, stuff like
off camera cords etc.

They have ND filters for like 7 bucks. Would they be any good.?? Any
one buy one from hong kong or area,??

Hers is the description:

"Specification:

       Type: Neutral Density
       Grade: ND 4x - two stops
       Material: High Quality Resin
       Filter Thread Size: 52 mm, 55mm, 58mm, 62mm, 67mm, 72mm, 77mm
(Please click on the pull-down menu above the add to cart button to
select the size)
       Multi-Coated: Yes
       Effect: reduce the strong light amount
       Front Lens Cap Size: 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77

Contains:

       Neutral Density (ND4) Resin Filter
       Original Manufactuer's Packaging"

Dave