On 3/4/2012 5:48 PM, Don Guthrie wrote:
If you have a mind to, tell me BW or Color? Just driving by and I
noticed this vine on the building. Glad I had camera with me although
I guess it will be a month or so before the leaves come back.

http://donspix.posterous.com/#!/

Nice shot. I do not find the window to be distracting - it serves as a center of interest that strengthens the composition and the square shape is a visual contrast the the curvy natural vine branches. (The COI does not need to be the subject, it just needs to be there to keep the eye in the frame.) Without the window you'd have a bunch on branches and no focal point or visual tension in the shot.

I'd like to see the main stem of the vine a little more in the frame and not so close to the left edge - not sure what was to the left of that edge or if that would be possible. As for color or B&W - not having seen the colors I can't say for sure but the shot seems to be about patterns in the vine's branches and the juxtaposition of that the vine's natural shape against the simplistic square of the window - nature is great and complex, man is simple and square. Would color add to the image or just introduce a distraction? I think the latter, but not having seen the colors can't say...

Mark C.