Well, my F 70-210 zoom ring has become too stiff to turn. I've done a little examination and the data brush, the only really fragile part, which is made out of unobtanium isn't damaged so repair prospects are probably good, but it's been a very bad year so far, and looks to not be getting any better. I've sent an e-mail to Eric at Pentax Repair to see if he's willing to work on the poor damned thing but even at his reasonable rates it's going to hurt. This really sucks.

--
Don't lose heart!  They might want to cut it out, and they'll want to avoid a
lengthily search.