On 3/6/2012 7:38 PM, Walt Gilbert wrote:

P/S: I demand extra forbearance on "Fractured View" due to the
damn-near
impossibility of getting the damned thing focused.

I think Fractured View is excellent, definitely my favorite of the
lot. (At least at screen size. I didn't go out of my way to find
whatever defects you warned of.)

Fractured is very nice. If it's not completely transient, I'd like to
see one of it where it's not backlit. Maybe one at night where you hit
it from the side with a flash. Though with a big enough flash, you
just need it to not be in direct sunlight.
Thanks once again. It'll be tough to get it without backlighting, as it
looks directly out into the security light at night. It's a set of
faux-French doors leading out, appropriately enough, to the front porch.
I'll have to see if I can devise a way to block out the backlighting, or
find an opportune time of day before the security light kicks on. I
don't have a flash other than the on-camera one, unfortunately.

Is that your security light?  Could you unplug it?  Throw a bag over it?

Maybe you could lean a 4x8 sheet of plywood up against a chair in the background? Or get a couple friends to hold a sheet up, maybe with the corners tied to a couple of brooms. Far enough back that it's out of focus. Do you have a couple of clamp lights you could illuminate it from the side with?

It has some fascinating patterns in it, photographing it could provide much entertainment.

What about photographing it from the other side?

-- Walt

--
Larry Colen l...@red4est.com (from dos4est)