From: "Dario Bonazza"

Hi folks, my XP PC has been infected by Trojan Generic 27 PN virus. AVG can
locate multiple incarnations of it, but cannot remove.
Online resources tell me to manually remove virus registry entries, but I
don't know how to recognize them from needed & vital registry stuff, and
windows registry is a hell of a mess. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Dario

If you have a local, trusted computer repair shop, it might be worth taking it to them & having them do it.