El 16/03/2012 12:28, Derby Chang escribió:

DA70mm - when I got the K-5 I pulled out a bunch of much neglected K
lenses. DA70 somehow had taken one for the team, not being used for
maybe a year. The SDM had seized up, and manual focus felt most
unpleasant. CR Kennedy has quoted $88 for the repair. Not bad under the
circumstances, but annoying.

DA*16-50 - bought from KEH to fill the niche of a weather resistant
wide. Beautiful looking lens, but the SDM totally dead on arrival. Good
ol' KEH agreed for me to get a quote from CRK to get it fixed.

Still, I remain sanguine

The DA 70mm isn't an SDM lens, it is screw driven. After what happened to the SDM motor of my 50-135 2.8, I wouldn't risk buying a 16-50mm 2.8, no matter how good it is. Pentax should release a new version of this lens, either with a DC motor (as in the 18-135mm) or a ring motor. At least nowadays here in Spain they are giving a 5 year warranty on their DA*, DA Limited and FA Limited lenses.

Carlos