On 28 March 2012 01:23, Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is Youtube a government plot to keep the masses disoriented and so
> easier to subjugate?
>
> Or if the small gaps in our consciousness aren't sometimes topped up
> with inert non-sequitur filler like this, do our brains rattle?
>
> Just askin'.

Well, it's not "non-sequitur" by any definition of the term.  It was a
new topic, I know because I opened it, so its content didn't need to
adhere to any previously aired concepts.  It does in fact reference
both fixing an SLR (the lens's front trim at at least) and peanut
butter (the lid of the jar its packaged in at least).  We do in fact
use this category of camera.  We do sometimes accidentally damage our
equipment in this very way.  We do sometimes bitch and moan about the
cost of gear and the cost of repairs.  I also would welcome such an
easy fix to get my gear back on the road as cheaply and quickly as
possible.  I don't see how it "does not follow".

And I thought it was funny and worth sharing.

Youtube a government plot?  Now ~that's~ funny.  It's just a vehicle
to carry advertising.  It's only about money, not the intellectual
numbing of public intellect.  Youtube content is overwhelmingly
publicly generated and totally random.  Any governmentally seeded
content would be drowned out by background noise, so how can it be a
plot with any serious hope of success?  But.... better keep the
tin-foil hat close-at-hand just to be sure.

regards, Anthony

   "Of what use is lens and light
    to those who lack in mind and sight"
                                               (Anon)