The most annoying photo.net behavior I've run into is this article:
Building a Digital SLR System
(http://photo.net/equipment/building-a-digital-slr-system/), which
includes pearls of wisdom such as:

"The market leader in the professional/advanced amateur photography
world is Canon. If you don't have a major investment in lenses you
will probably want to buy a Canon digital SLR. The number two spot is
occupied by Nikon, which is also a reasonable choice. ...  the
companies that make the more obscure systems don't have a large enough
market share to invest enough money to build competitive bodies."

I prefer to put the photos from my obscure, non-competitive Pentax on flickr.