A couple weeks ago, my cheapo split prism focusing screen came in. It doesn't
seem to focus at quite the same point as does the autofocus, but the
differences are slight.  I ran some tests and it might be slightly front
focusing:
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157629575267511/

In these, I focused on the line for 6" or 15cm.   The problem could also have
to do with the ruler I used for the test target not being flat.  In any case, I
may need some focusing shims to adjust manual focus, and thought I'd ask if
anyone has extras, from buying a set, and only needing one.

I've also had problems with the camera focusing on microphones, podiums etc
rather than the person, and it's possible that rather than focusing on the
wrong thing, it's simply front focusing making it look like the wrong thing.
Someone recently posted a link to adjusting autofocus on the K-5.  A quick scan
of my saved email doesn't show it. Does anyone have the link handy?