From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Bipin Gupta
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 1:22 PM
To: pdml@pdml.net
Subject: Tele-Zoom Lens

Dan, I have the Tamron 75-300 LD and it is rather soft at the 200 to
300mm end. I intend selling it off. Try and get the Sigma APO 70-300 $
160 used at KEH EX+ grade, which is better. I have taken test shots
from my neighbor's lens and it is far better than the Tamron. The
Pentax SMC DAL 50-200 is the better of the lot. If at any time you
plan on a FF body then the Pentax SMC F 80-200mm would come in handy.
For this reason I have avoided buying DA lenses.
Until and unless you make clear your genre of photography, any advice
will be very limited. Example I am into
travel/street/cityscapes/general event/architectural photography, so
the Sigma 10-20 is the most useful lens, especially on my very recent
trip to Europe - monumental and huge buildings, churches, towers and
spires in narrow squares and streets. I intend buying the FF Tamron
24-70 f2.8 to replace the Kit lens. And Dan, I am not getting any
younger - failing eyesight, shaky hands - so AF lenses are a must. I
do have the Tamron AF 28-200, Tamron AF 75-300mm and a Sigma 600/f8
mirror, but hardly use them 6% of the time.
Regards. Bipin - from a far away enchanting land.

follow the directions.