On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Walt Gilbert <ldott...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll remember this the next time someone starts yakking about Pentax's poor
> customer relations.

You know, I've been one of those yakkers in the past.  ;)

But, this time around, it's  much more smoothly than I ever
anticipated.   I'm guessing things are slow over there right now, and
they happened to have in stock whatever parts they needed  to do the
fix.   So, lucky me!

To their credit, though, I will add that someone from service called
me - on both my cell & home numbers - to confirm how I wanted it
shipped back to me.  Anticipating a longer wait for repair, I had
stated in my letter that I would be willing to pay for expedited
return shipping, since I have a couple of jobs coming up for which I'd
really like to have it... And it was just going to kill me to wait 5
business days for it to ship... Anyway, they apparently read the
letter (!) & followed up.  In the end, I decided to just go with
regular shipping, and she assured me that it would go out that
afternoon.

All in all, very pleasant.  Keeping fingers crossed that the camera is
in good shape, too!

:)
-c