Many thanks, Jack!

The squirrel and the butterfly shots were all taken with the Promaster on the K-x, and the rest were shot with the K20D and A-50/1.7.

I wasn't crazy about that Promaster when I first got it, but it's starting to grow on me. I think the smartest thing I did was taking the damned skylight filter off of it.

-- Walt

On 4/3/2012 5:04 PM, Jack Davis wrote:
These are impressively sharp..and well rendered.
Walt, if you have the time and don't mind, please identify which of these were
taken with the Promaster.

Thanks, much!

Jack
----- Original Message -----
From: Walt Gilbert<ldott...@gmail.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 7:02 AM
Subject: GESO: Photowalk from 4/02

Hi all,

Just wanted to share these photos from yesterday. There's a little redundancy,
but not overmuch. The only real interesting tidbit is that I took the K-x
fitted with the Promaster 70-300 f/4.5-5.6  along with the K20D fitted with the
A 50/1.7 in order to have some reach, and it wasn't until the end of my
photowalk that I discovered that I'd had my ISO on the K-x set to, get this,
6400! In broad daylight, under a mid-afternoon sun with a cloudless sky! I
don't know how it got that way unless I accidentally hit the magical
combination on the 4-way while squatting down to take a shot with the K20D.

In any event, the shots turned out relatively well, all things considered.
Though, I was disappointed to see the blown-out highlights in the butterfly
shots. Still, all in all, I can't complain as I got at least a few decent shots
at the expense of a little shoe leather.

Anyway . . . here.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/walt_gilbert/sets/72157629730945173/

I have to say, I like that Promaster 70-300 more and more as I come to use it
more often.

As always, comments, critiques and suggestions are eagerly solicited.

Thanks!

-- Walt

-- PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List