On 4/9/2012 12:15 PM, Walt Gilbert wrote:
I managed to find the correct dedicated module for $18.99 shipped. The cheapest otherwise was $40.00 + shipping. I had enough in my PayPal account to get it, and since I don't have an external flash, I figure it's a good idea to go ahead and get the module.

Here's what the product info on the module states:

PRO2708 PROMASTER FTA 5000 AF TTL FL MODULE/PENTAX PROMASTER 5000 Series FTA modules allow for TTL, fully automatic, and manual operation* with auto focus SLR cameras. It also features an infrared focusing assist lamp to help you get sharp crisp pictures in low light. The FTA module works on ANY PROMASTER 5000 series flash including the 5750DX and 5550DX digital flashes. *Features are limited to those supported by your particular camera model. Pentax AF - Code # 2708 Pentax AF1/SFX, SF1N, SF10/SF7, etc.

Anybody know of any reason why this shouldn't work on my K20D? I'm having a hell of a time finding anything about the compatibility.

-- Walt