Quoting Stan Halpin <s...@stans-photography.info>:

>> No great art here, but butterfly fans in particular may enjoy this series.
>> The Dow Gardens (surrounding the Alden B. Dow home and studio, adjacent to
>> the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library) here in Midland MI puts on a butterfly
>> exhibit in their greenhouse every spring. We took a walk through the gardens
>> and the greenhouse - Meg, her stepmother, and a couple of friends. The shots
>> in this gallery are all with the D FA-100/2.8 macro on a K20D, ISO400,
>> pretty much unprocessed, right out of the camera.
>>
>> http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p736114378
>>
>> Best wishes to those celebrating the Passover and/or Easter!
stan

On Apr 8, 2012, at 4:46 PM, Brian Walters wrote:
> Some really colourful and enjoyable shots there, especially 1, 9 and 16.
>
> --
> Cheers
>
> Brian

Thanks Paul Frank Dave Walt Christine Dan, Brian and Bob S for your comments.
Bob, yes the leaning tree is a birch. That scene grabs me every time I walk by,
I've avoided photos of it before because of the fence in the background. Then
realized that I was in a park, not a wilderness someplace, and the fence is a
"natural" part of this environment. Brian, if you look closely at the rear
portion of of the body of the dark butterfly in #9, with the white spots,
you'll see that this guy has a Happy Face bumper sticker. I didn't notice it at
the time . . .

stan