Recently, several PDMLers were mentioning that they are in the process
of upgrading/buying new computers.
So, I thought I'd share some info that might be useful.

As of April 2, 2012, Intel started the process of discountinuing
P67 Express chipset (ahead of the release of a new/several new
chipsets). I suspect this may mean some discounts for that series.

I see that currently Dell is running a few specials for
XPS 8300 Core i7-2600 3.4GHz 8Gb 1TB HDD computer with or without
a ultrasharp monitor.
w/o monitor: $750:
http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/294164?r1=1
w. 24" U2412M IPS LCD monitor: $1089
http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/294163
w.27" u2711 IPS LCD monitor: $1250:
http://www.logicbuy.com/deals/dell-xps-desktop-combo/35070.aspx

Not following the Dell sales strategies, I cannot say if the prices
might yet come down or not.

I am not a big fan of Dell computers (even though they are better
then those by some other big computer makers, e.g. such as
Acer/Gateway/eMachines), but I am seriously thinking about the latter deal.
U2711 sounds like a reasonable display: http://www.anandtech.com/show/2922

I hope this info might be useful to somebody else.

Igor