I just got a nice Super Program! Looks great and now I'll be able to leave the screw
mount adapter in my ME...

Since it's one of the few Pentaxes for which there is no manual available for free on
the Pentax website, could one of you folks help me with a couple of quick questions?

1. The little display on the top deck just below the mode switch/shutter release. What
does it display, other than P for program mode and the shutter speed? There seems to
be a little rectangular bar in the upper right hand corner of the display, what does
this indicate?

2. There's what looks like a little button just below the PC socket on the left side
of lens mount (left side as you look through the viewfinder). What does it do? Battery
check? If not, where is the battery check and how does it indicate battery condition?

3. Anything else that might not be obvious to someone who's only used a K1000, MZ5,
and an ME?

Please respond directly as I am in "digest mode" and I'd like to burn some film in
this puppy right now! Many thanks!

Chris L.
School Publications Guy