I hate to refer to DxOmark, as it seems to result in a schism of
fanatical religious proportions whenever it is mentioned anywhere, but
if you want to feel better about your Pentax go to:
http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Cameras/Camera-Sensor-Ratings
Then in the camera MFG filter on the right, check the box for Samsung.
Observe the results. Now, leaving Samsung checked, also check Pentax.
Observe the results.