If you aren't familiar with the Benbo Classic No. 1, it is a tripod
design that will let you do things that no other tripod can do, like
this:
http://www.alexanderzhang.com/portfolio/methods/benbo.jpg
Read a review here:
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/cameras-and-camcorders/cameras/tripods/benbo-classic-no-1-71996/review

One reviewer states:

"I have been using the original version of this tripod for over 20
years with no problems! It has its share of dings and scratches but
still works as well as the day I got it. I did extensive macro
photography for years and the Benbo was indispensable. It can be set
up on steep hillsides,or almost any terrain since each leg can be set
at any angle and the center support rotated and extended as needed.
Contrary to some other reviews. after a few uses I had no trouble
setting up or using this tripod. FOR MACRO WORK A BENBO IS A MUST
HAVE."

Specifications:
Maximum Height 62.0" (1.58 m)
Minimum Height Ground level
Folded Length 33.0" (0.84 m)
Load Capacity Unspecified by manufacturer
Leg Sections 2
Leg Lock Type Oversized locking knobs
Independent Leg Spread Yes
Center Column Sections 1
Center Column Type Sliding (can be set vertically, horizontally or
anywhere in between)
Center Brace No
Spiked Feet Yes
Head Type None
Head Mount Thread Size 1/4"-20
Weight 7.50 lb (3.40 kg)

The center column has a std. 1/4" stud on one end and a 3/8" stud on
the other so will accept any kind of head you desire.

This tripod was purchased new by me at a local camera store that was
going out of business and I have not gotten to use it as much as I
hoped, so it is going to a new (good) home.

Compare B&H price: $188. My PDML price: $99 plus actual shipping.

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska