Scoff at Cosina as much as you like, but they are pumping out darn sexy lenses right now. I ordered the 17.5mm 0.95 back in Feb and it arrive this week, so tried it out streety today. Sweet.

The interesting thing about the lens, it is quite close focusing, so most of the lens throw is less than 1m. That leaves a scat adjustment for 1m to infinity. It didn't occur to me until I started using it, this is beautiful for zone focusing, which I was doing today. Even at f0.95, I could guess the distance and fire away.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc/12/12_04/12_04_17nokton/index.htm

Mid way through the day, I spotted a few 'togs with geared up Leicas, and walking in a pack. Turned out to be Eric Kim's street photography class.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc/12/12_04/12_04_eric/01.htm

I like Eric, but shooting in a pack wouldn't do it for me. Too conspicuous.

Bonus on-topic post. When the DA 16-50 came back from repair, they included the left over bits. Here is the PCB and SDM motor

http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc/12/12_04/12_04_sdm/01.htm

--

der...@iinet.net.au
http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc