Too bad most of the other parts of Sony don't seem to be making money either. I remember when I was a kid, my father got a Sony portable AM/FM radio that could fit in shirt pocket, (huge by today's standards). But compared to the competition was a.) Extremely well made, b.) still about half the size, c.) actually tuned in more than the most powerful signals. Most Sony products I've seen lately are no better than those from any other -manufacture- supplier, except they say Sony on them.