Thanks Jeff, I do have two like this and are not sturdy enough..Joe

Manfrotto is pricing itself steeply these days. This Slik looks good for the price.

http://www.amazon.com/Slik-Heavy-Duty-Tripod-Fluid-Effect-Built-In/dp/B00006HOKW/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1335406182&sr=1-2

Hard to tell how solid it is. This is one thing that is best bought in a camera store. I have two light, flimsy tripods that seem to have been designed for point-and-shoots.

Jeffery

Sent from my iPad