From: Pål Audun Jensen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 2:03 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Consume yourself happy with instant gratification
(WAS:Silly Photo.net thread)

Bruce wrote:

>Spending money on camera equipment is consumerism when you buy Nikon and
Canon
>(because you're stupid), and isn't when you buy Pentax (because you're
>smart).
>Pal just wants the people on pnoto.net to be smarter.

This is unfair at best. I don't think it's stupid to buy a Nikon. In fact,
I have considered it myself. Nor can I remember anyone here claiming that
Nikon or Canon is stupid. This is in contrast to Photo.net where you should
buy a Canon because it's hard to find used 300mm lenses for Olympus. People
on this list own different brands of cameras and know there are different
tools for different jobs and that there are different preferences. We are
definitely Pentax fans but that doesn't mean we think everybody else have
missed the boat. Now that's the difference....

Pål