I find Hare Krishnas to be quite harmless compared to most. Big smiles, empty
eyes, very little in the way of prostletyzing other than handing out those
little flyers. I find Jesus freaks much more annoying (and before anyone
becomes offended, I'm not putting down Christians, just street corner
missionaries).

In fact most annoying of all are professional fundraisers. They are worse than
door to door or telephone solicitors. A couple of charities whose work I most
respect (Medicines sans Frontieres and Amnesty International) use these shiny
faced young people on every downtown street corner. I'm tired of having guilt
thrown in my face every 20 feet or so.

Most annoying.

And Jeffrey, I'm sorry you thought my title and/or comments were cynical. My
intention was to poke gentle fun at both the Hare Krishnas and the uneasy
passersby. I know it can be a difficult situation for some to deal with; I
didn't intend to be mean-spirited or demeaning.

Thanks Jeffrey, John and Bob for commenting and hands to all who looked.

Cheers,
frank

"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." --
Christopher Hitchens