From: George Sinos <gsi...@gmail.com>
Sent: May 9, 2012 5/9/12
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: GESO - Power Drive 2012 -Big Gallery

This is a big gallery of photos from Saturday's Power Drive finals.
Normally I try to make much smaller galleries, but this is for the
kids.  They spend all year making these electric cars and they all
want to see their team's car and use the photos on Facebook.  I don't
think anyone here in PDML will look at everything in the gallery.

<http://www.georgesphotos.net/Events/Power-Drive-Finals-2012/22848454_PbdhqV>

These competitions are a lot of fun to shoot.  I was joined by four
other members of the Omaha Camera Club.  The day starts at 7am with
check-in, safety inspections, performance and braking trials.  The
actual races don't start until about 10am and finish around 2pm.  It's
non-stop action and fairly spread out.  My pedometer clocked over 5
miles while I was on site.

If I wasn't a believer in Lightroom for big batches of photos, I
certainly am now. This is the first relatively big job since upgrading
to Lightroom 4. I imported everything into Lightroom on Saturday
evening and made my selection of about 150 finalists on Sunday
afternoon.  Monday, I made the final selections, then cropped and
processed what you see in the gallery.  After processing a few photos
to see what needed to be done I made a three presets for processing
the remainder.  Other than cropping, they could all be processed in
batches and it went fairly fast.  The upload to Smugmug took a while.
Like most everyone, my internet provider's upload speed is much slower
than the download speed.

I'm looking forward to doing this again next year.  I always get ideas
about how to shoot better next time while I'm processing the current
batch of photos.

gs

George Sinos