On Tuesday I was invited to a meeting of the Global Health Initiative
(that's the name they have adopted) group at Dana-Farber. About a
dozen people were in attendance, almost all of whom had heard of the
PDML book fundraising effort(!) As it's a really new program we're the
only donor group specifically dedicated to them, so our little project
is appreciated however small the amount we raise.

One of the people present was a medical resident from Rwanda who's
getting training at Dana-Farber. I don't even want to think about
getting cancer in Rwanda... or the steep road ahead for this young
physician but my hat's off to him.

All in all it was a very encouraging (possibly even inspiring)
meeting. It reaffirms my belief that dumping NCCF/CureSearch was the
right thing to do: If there's ever an issue or problem with our
current charity beneficiary I can go two miles down the road and knock
on Dr. Carlos's door at a moment's notice. Good people.