I Meet him at a Ford event at Maple Grove Raceway, He was a nice guy. There was (is) another guy by the name of Sam Feinstein who raced a AC Cobra and had a speed shop called Feinstein Racing in Cheltenham, Pa. I used to go there a lot, took my Mustangs. You can search out his name and see the records that he has with his cobra. When I get the time I will put up some of the Cobra Photos that I shot for a magazine spread, as a tribute to Carroll Shelby. Because of Carroll Shelby and My dad who worked at a couple of Ford dealers, all the cars we have ever owned are Fords and we still own Fords. Hell my oldest car is a 1954 F100 with a 390 C.I. and a C-6 Automatic that I installed.Have a couple of old mustangs. I remember when my dad was looking to buy a new Ford, I tried to get him to buy a 1969 Torino Cobra, back then it was only about 3200 hundred dollars, I had all priced out with all the Hipo stuff, but he did not buy it. Well now I also have a 1968 Torino fastback which I used as the tow car for one of the Mustangs when I was drag racing..Carroll Shelby, WE (I) will miss you...Joe

Another great one is gone. Saw it on our Times blog earlier today. Carroll was a nice guy if a bit rambunctious. First met him at an International Motor Press Association meeting in New York in the early eighties. He came to show off his Chili, then again at his mini factory in California when he was building a second batch of Cobras with "left over" serial numbers." Always entertaining. He will be missed.

Paul