Get it, Cotty. Your integrity can get in the way. ;-)

Jack

----- Original Message -----
From: Cotty <cotty...@mac.com>
To: pentax list <PDML@pdml.net>
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 11:20 AM
Subject: Re: OT - bus fire

On 14/5/12, Jack Davis, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Certainly appears to be raging. Local newspaper have any use for your
>early image?

Sadly not - if I am on a day when I am contracted to ITV News then
technically any content I shoot (inc stills) during that period has a
copyright belonging to ITV.

In practice if I were to stop and grab a shot of something in my travels
that I used, say, in one of my corporate productions during an ITV
shift, well nobody is any wiser. If i were to sell images of the bus on
fire elsewhere, because it was a unique event and there was nobody else
around, it would be hard to defend!

The remuneration I get from ITV makes it a moot point anyway, so am not
bothered about 40 quid from a local rag.

If however I came across it on a day when I'm not contracted, then of
course, why not :)

--

Cheers,
  Cotty