In fact, local papers & TV began showing images of marker buoys months ago that
hit the Washington shores. Last week along with another large buoy was a
motorcycle, I guess with an empty tank and fully inflated tires. Couldn't tell
with all the seaweed.

On May 18, 2012, at 09:20 , Bob Sullivan wrote:

> Our news says a million tons of rubble is on the way to the west coast
> of the US.
> It is about mid Pacific Ocean right now, but some early stuff is showing up.
> The coast guard sank a fishing boat off shore that made the trip.
> Regards,  Bob S.
>
> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 12:42 AM, David Mann <dmann...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On May 18, 2012, at 7:13 AM, Bob W wrote:
>>
>>> Interesting - it's one of the things people don't think about - what to do
>>> with all the rubble.
>>
>> I was thinking that about Japan.  From what I've seen they wasted no time in
>> clearing up their mess but I have no idea where it all ended up.
>>
>>> Over here they put a lot of the blitz damage on
>>> Blackheath after the war, so now most of Blackheath is a flat, green, empty
>>> wilderness, whereas before it was all humps and hollows that highwaymen used
>>> to hide in.
>>
>> Some of our rubble was dumped into Lyttelton harbour for land reclamation
>> but they didn't have a permit so they were stopped pretty quickly.  I
>> suspect a lot of this will end up there eventually, unless they make it back
>> into fresh concrete for the rebuild or something.
>>
>> Dave

If it doesn’t excite you,
This thing that you see,
Why in the world,