From: "Bob W"

Our travel plans are gradually turning from liquid phase to a gel, and
we're going to be in York (as in UK, not Pennsylvania!*) 16-17 June.
You've caught "London, England Syndrome":
<http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/brysons-america-were-going-
to-dumb-down-the-american-way-1186816.html>

He's almost got a point about being dumb in America. But, I'm pretty sure if he wears a hat no one will notice it. I could feel my IQ being siphoned away just reading his drivel.

I don't think the damage is permanent; just have get some brain exercise - a couple of NY Times cross-word puzzles should do the trick.

According to Google Answers, there are 18 places in the United States named "London". Wikipedia has entries for 8 of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_%28disambiguation%29

I didn't try to count how many instances of "New London" there are in the US. Or "Paris".