Hi Everyone:

Darrel & I headed down to the Petrillo Band Shell to listen to speakers, and I
have to say, that part was kind of lame.  The nurses' rally was so much more
interesting and fun.  But today the people watching was great, and everyone was
really, really nice.

The gallery shows Jesse Jackson Sr. giving an interview, a few Canadian
protestors, and a lot of funny signage.

Skirmishes with the police have been reported.  The Chicago Tribune has a very
compelling gallery of photos if you're interested.

Darrel and I witnessed no violence, but the truth is we showed up for family
hour, as it were.

Anyway, I'm glad we went to see this historic event.  To be sure, I mainly went
as spectator and photographer.

http://www.caguila.com/natoshort

Cheers, Christine/Chicago