On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/techniques/tonal_adjustments_in_the_age_of_lightroom_4.shtml
>
> Wow! What incredible, and *useful*, differences just in one slider
> adjustment alone. That does it: upgrade time ...

Yeah, when LR4 was release, lots of people seemed to look at the
feature list and say "there's nothing there I really need."

I guess "it makes your pictures look better" isn't a compelling enough
feature. I was sold the first time I tried the beta and re-processed
some challenging files in PV2012.

Anyone who hasn't tried it should probably give the 30-day trial a
shot with some difficult images. Read some LR4-specific tutorials,
like the one Bruce linked to above. Bright clouds are a great test
case--I find that they hold more detail and look more natural in LR4
than in previous versions (at least for the same amount of effort on
my part).