It's trillium day on the PDML. Here's a patch in my yard. I moved two plants
here that were endangered by a neat-freak neighbor armed with a rake a half
dozen years ago or so. In this spot, they get a cover of several inches of
leaves every winter, which trillium loves, and they've thrived. I have four
groupings of this size or larger, up from just two little blooms twenty years
ago.

Our white trillium do turn pink just before they expire, but I think the
variety Mark showed displays color for all or much of its bloom time.

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=15774272&size=lg