From: Darren Addy

I've got my first "pro" lens in this range, but at first blush I'm not
very impressed with it.
I'm not sure if there is something wrong with it (it makes a noise
when I rotate it, which I don't think is Good).
Before I send it in for service, I'd like to try the front/back focus
adjustment. However, I'm not sure I understand the whole process yet
and whether the K-5 can "remember" this lens. Does anyone know if this
lens has a "Lens ID" that communicates with the body so the setting
can be remembered?

If doing the adjustment doesn't solve the problems, I'm going to have
to see what it will cost to get this thing serviced. I've read good
reports about this lens, and although it is heavy that's a property of
its construction and the big glass it contains to get you the constant
f2.8.

I presume when you say "it makes a noise when I rotate it", that you mean when you rotate the zoom ring?

It shouldn't make any noise. It's a really sturdy, pro-quality build lens.

It shows up in Photoshop as a smc PENTAX-F 35-105mm F4-5.6.