http://www.brendemuehl.net/images/Compare50

A blackberry blossom in our back yard.
A quick comparison of the FA 50/1.4, M 50/1.4, & A 50/2.8 Macro.

Shot was hand-held.  1/100 @ f9, just to hit close to the sweet spot of each
lens.

I know a lot of people are excited by the M, but that whole series has never
given me much encouragement.  This sample did not do poorly at all, but is
clearly not as sharp as the FA & A.

But I must give the M credit for its color cast.  It matches the FA and,
imnsho, both better the A with its cool character.  So the A might be better
for resolving power, but not for color accuracy.

Sincerely,

Collin Brendemuehl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"
-- Jim Elliott