Interesting, Derby. One of the cities or counties here in Washington rescinded
it's helmet law for bicyclists last week as being unenforcible. Why? There is
not enough money in the treasury to even begin to patrol/ticket/prosecute any
offenders. Admitting that the law is merely a money pit?

Going back to the days when helmets were not even available to protect us as we
vaulted our fat tired Sears machines over makeshift ramps in the middle of the
street. One of my good buddies in the 50's while trying to best me for distance
and height found himself a few feet above the street at full speed holding
nothing but his handle bars as he watched the bike fall out from under his
arse. Memorable road rash, but he healed and was better for it. Safety checked
his bike before a ride ever since.   :-)

On May 29, 2012, at 02:43 , Derby Chang wrote:

> Nice.
>
> Is it a good idea for him to be ipodded, no helmet and on a non-bike lane?
> Sorry, I've been doing risk analysis all day.

> On 29/05/2012 8:41 AM, frank theriault wrote:
>> Louis L. Sullivan would be aghast:
>>
>> http://knarfdummyblog.blogspot.ca/2012/05/form-over-function.html
>>
>> http://knarfdummyblog.blogspot.ca/2012/05/form-over-function.html
>>
>> Hope you enjoy.  Comments always welcome.
>>
>> cheers,
>> frank

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

"Gaudeamus igitur, juvenes dum sumus..."
http://tinyurl.com/ndmfhb