On Jun 3, 2012, at 5:25 AM, Tim Øsleby wrote:

> Makes me feel good.
> It looks like you've got some interesting friends.
>
> A very good moment.

Thanks Tim, and Dan too.

A friend from dancing rented the dance studio for a birthday party.  Since he's
getting married in October, he also billed it as a bachelor party, in part to
encourage people to show up.  Rather than the traditional birthday jam for the
three guys with birthdays, he did a birthday lapdance.
Now that I've posted some more photos from the evening,
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157630025641040/
you can see that the evening was actually pretty tame.  Though to someone who
doesn't do a lot of social dancing, it might not have seemed quite as tame as
it was :-)

A recent conversation discussed how hard to push the ISO, and it seemed to me
that the K-5 actually does OK up to about 16,000, and after that, it starts
getting a little bit too rough for my liking.

There was a lot of luck involved in getting that shot. It did help that the
three guys with birthdays were sitting down so I could just set the focus, as
it is really tough to focus in light that low, and the focus assist light is
just way too distracting.  When Brandon came out and started dancing in Scott's
face, I just started snapping photos, and got incredibly lucky with the timing
on that one.

For what it's worth, the girl in red is the wife of the blond birthday boy, and
the girl in green is Scott's fiance.