on 2012-06-05 5:59 Walter Hamler wrote
Yes, mine is only 8 months old and I added 3 - 4 gig cards right after
buying. I have also updated to Lion. The machine is fast, but not a
steamroller for sure. I just can't figure out why I come up with the
msg that there isn't enough ram.

i understand that Photoshop Elements (even the current version) is a 32-bit applciation; you can divine this from the tech specs here:

<http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-premiere-elements/tech-specs.html>

"Mac OS X v10.5.8 through v10.7 (all applications run native on 32-bit operating systems and in 32-bit compatibility mode on 64-bit operating systems)"

nothing you can do will make it use more than a maximum of 4GB of RAM