Quoting Jens <p...@planfoto.dk>:

I bought an old, used Super A. One of the best Pentax'es I've ever had.
But the shutter won't work. The battery is off. SHould it work at 1/125 sec. without the battery?. I can't seem to see this in the manual.
Answers are gratefully appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

It's been years since I used my Super A but I dragged it out, set it on 1/125 without batteries and .... nothing.

Found a couple of batteries that still had power, put them in the camera and the shutter fired.

So, without batteries, the Super A is toast at any setting.

--
Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters