On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Overall: very cool. I especially like the contrasted couples. I'd be
> tempted to crop out that tall steel thing (crane?) but OTOH it adds a
> further element of mystery, so I dunno.

I didn't really like the crane, but I didn't like the crops either. If
I crop the crane, it's really tight on the walking man. If I had room
at the edges to straighten the image, it would provide horizontal
separation between the crane and the man, and the crop would work
better. But unfortunately I don't.

> Technical observation: looks like you used the Lr adjustment brush to
> brighten the store fronts and RHS, but you let the feathering spill
> over into the adjacent clouds and there's a rather wide and obvious
> brighter band there. You either need to zoom in with a smaller brush
> or go into Ps and use selections to minimize that.

What's actually going on is that I used a gradient to burn in the
upper left corner of the image to darken the sky. It looks like too
much of the sky is in the transition zone, leading to the bright band
you're seeing. I should work more on that; I may have to use an
adjustment brush instead. I don't tend to use brushes that much (and
don't have Photoshop at all) so I guess I can use the practice. Thanks
for pointing it out.