Up until 6th grade, the schools I attended were too small to supply a hot lunch, thought they supplied milk in waxed cartons, the cost seems ridiculously inexpensive compared to today's inflated prices, you could bring your own or walk home and eat lunch there, if you could get back to school in time for the afternoon session. What I find amazing is that we no longer trust kids to be in the least responsible. Jr. High was big enough to have a cafeteria, and yes, the meal was mystery meat, (no matter what they called it), two vegetables and yes fish sticks, on Friday.

On 6/16/2012 11:17 AM, John Sessoms wrote:
From: Igor Roshchin

A small kid started posting photos of her school lunches to her blog.
... what resonance it made and what came out of that:
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/06/neverseconds-shut-down/

The 2nd weirdest part that is related to the previous discussions on this
list is in the comments.
Read the first comment (by RichardStone) - that part is as disturbing as
what the school council did.

Igor

There's like a hundred javascripts on that page & I can't figure which one of them will let me see the comments.

I did find a link to the kid's blog and it seemed like all the comments there were positive.

A lot has changed since I ate school lunches. Our lunches were always a meat, 2 vegetables & some kind of desert ... except on Friday when it was always fish-sticks. Half pint of milk in a waxed cardboard carton to drink. Price was $0.25. Meals were prepared in the school cafeteria kitchen.

Her school lunch looks like the food I got at the VA hospital. It's cooked somewhere up in Virginia (near Arlington I think) and trucked down to Durham.

--
Don't lose heart, they might want to cut it out, and they'll want to avoid a
lengthly search.