On 6/18/2012 10:33 AM, John Sessoms wrote:
From: John Francis

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 03:51:57PM -0700, Larry Colen wrote:
On Jun 17, 2012, at 3:23 PM, Steve Cottrell wrote:

On 15/6/12, Larry Colen, discombobulated, unleashed:

I'm pretty much clueless about East Coast geography

I love Californians ;-)

If I get in my car and drive to Tarrytown, I've driven about 3,000 miles NorthEast of my house.

If you get in a car, pop through the Chunnel and drive to Moscow,
you've driven about 3,000km, not miles, km.  You'd still have
another 2,000km to go to cover the same ground.

I'm pretty sure Cotty has a good understanding of US geography
(and, in particular, just how far other parts are from the SF bay area).

When I talked to Cotty at GFM, he said he lived in the U.S. as a child (not grew up here).

I think Cotty's lived everywhere he's lived as a child, and I say more power to him.

--
Don't lose heart, they might want to cut it out, and they'll want to avoid a
lengthly search.