Hi all,

A while back, Larry suggested I take photos of folks who frequent the club where I work. So, I decided to take his suggestion and start snapping photos of them as the opportunity presents itself. These were shot with my K20D, which still had my Promaster 70-300 -- an absurdly long focal length for the size of the room, but it's what I had on the camera when I grabbed it at the last second and headed out the door on Thursday.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/walt_gilbert/sets/72157630283469490/

The first is "Bob" -- an exceedingly eccentric fellow whose real name is Charlie, but who has several alter-egos which seem to based solely on what he happens to have on his head that given day, be it a trucker's cap ("Steve"), a straw hat ("Charlie"), or the thoroughly bedraggled hairpiece he's seen wearing in this image. (The ZipLock bag-as-shirt-pocket is a common accoutrement among all the alter-egos, BTW.)

The second shot is of Ronnie -- one of the trustees down at the club. As you can see, he's a little bit skeptical of having his photo taken, but he's a good sport.

The final image is of a gentleman named Jimmie Moore -- a retired union electrician whose DNA will likely be preserved by some society dedicated to human longevity. He'll be 79 years old this year and gets around better than I do, isn't much of a guitar player or singer, but one hell of an entertainer. The man can hold forth uninterrupted for hours reeling off toast after ribald poem after filthy limerick to the delight of the entire room.

The guitar he's playing in the image is a 1957 Gibson J50 that was given to him in three pieces by a friend and one-time club member whose uncle had fallen on it in a highly drunken state. That member has since passed away, and Jimmie decided to take it to a local guitar maker to see if anything could be done with it. The guy managed to put it back together after hand-making a few pieces and adding a good deal of TLC in the process.

So there you have it. A long-winded explication for three photos. Comments and critiques are welcome.

-- Walt