I had a short conference trip to Banff earlier this month.
Despite the weather not being at its best (drizzle or snow, with low
clouds [*]), and me not having proper clothes for that, I managed to
find some terrific views and even to take some photos..

http://42graphy.org/galleries/banff-2012/_IR37097.html
http://42graphy.org/galleries/banff-2012/_IR36882.html

I am not sure which shot is better of these two:
http://42graphy.org/galleries/banff-2012/_IR37060.html
http://42graphy.org/galleries/banff-2012/_IR37160.html
I've been told that the color of the water is due to its purity, as it
comes from the melted snow.

A few photos from the same trip but with different subjects.

This shot has some nerdy humor in it:
http://42graphy.org/galleries/banff-2012/_IR37006.html

And yet another funny shot with a followup:
http://42graphy.org/galleries/banff-2012/_IR37074.html
http://42graphy.org/galleries/banff-2012/_IR37136.html

If you are interested in seeing the full gallery, - click on "index"
on any of these pages.

-----
[*] http://42graphy.org/galleries/banff-2012/_IR36836.html

Cheers,