Last night, I was thinking about how one performance limitation that I run up
against the most often is write speed to the storage.  My first idea was a
camera grip that had a slot for a laptop SSD drive.  My second thought was that
a "compact SSD" would be better.  Even if storage were limited on the initial
generations of the platform, even 128GB at SATA, or better yet STA-3 speeds,
would be so much better than writing to SD cards.  We're talking up to
1500-3000 MBPS rather than 30-45:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_device_bit_rates

I expect that in ten years the SATA bandwidth might start proving
claustrophobic again, but it would certainly be a big improvement over SD
cards.  Both for the initial write time, and for transferring files to the
computer.